Friday, January 25, 2008

f i f t y - how to throw a tea party!



i apologize for such a delay in my posting. school mixed with a flooded basement have been the reason for my disappearance! but i'm back! and today's post is on how to throw a tea party! this just makes me so excited for the arrival of spring! i can't wait! this lovely garden party picture is one that i found while exploring on Country Living's website!


Cups! Saucers! & Pots! oh my!


i love love love this stack of beautiful vintage cups! this inspiring picture once again comes from Country Living.



i found this photo of these lovely dainty duos on the flickr account of nhearon2003.



this little pretty is from the website of Fine European Antiques and Accessories. my favorite tea cups have flowers and gold details just like this one! :)



isn't this a beautiful shade of blue for a tea cup?! its oh so pretty! i found this beauty on the wonderful flickr account of fleamarketstudio. Lilia's photos are full of such fun and colorful finds! check out her blog here!




these pretty pink cups and saucers are from the wonderful flickr account of Damselfly58. She is a fabulous photographer and more of her work can be found here.



this victorian style teapot is from the flickr account of The ParTea Planner. also, for more inspiring ideas for tea parties check out her ParTea Planner Blog!


as you may have seen before in my How to Throw a Fabulous New Years Eve Bash! post, i love simple table settings that stick with white, gold, and an accent color. so, for tea parties will stick with this color palette and add pink as our accent color!

this golden cup & saucer were found on Fine European Antiques and Accessories.



this fancy teapot was something that i came across and fell in love with on the flickr account of togrbil2.



i'm in love with moroccan tea glasses and wouldn't these look lovely at a tea party!? at a tea party you should serve more than just tea, also try to serve some sort of cold beverage like ice water or even pink lemonade! you can find these moroccan glasses on the website of Jenny Sweeney Designs!


these plates are from Royal Crown Derby collection and in their Gold Avesbury collection. they can be found online at Small Islander.



and now for our accent color PINK! i thought that this girly lace tablecloth would give the perfect pink touch to a table! you can find it online at Rocket St. George.



for an extra pink sparkle try adding a lovely bouquet of pink flowers (peonies are my current favorite!). this lovely arrangement came from Elegant Creation by Mily!



Scrumptious Treats!


as far as food goes for a tea party you may want to try to go simple. an afternoon tea party may consist of little finger foods such as little sandwiches. but, instead of listing off more ideas i'll go straight to the best part, dessert! when i was little my mom threw me a birthday tea party and we had petit fours like the ones pictured above! they are so simple and add a fun touch to any kind of party! i found these pretty petit fours on the great website of Adorn Magazine!



another fun idea would be to serve fancy cupcakes like this one! for more inspiring cupcake images visit the oh so talented Zalita on her fickr account!



this metal lace cake pedestal would be an amazing tool and decoration for serving either cupcakes or petit fours! you can purchase this one online at amazon.com, just search Metal Lace Cake Pedestal.


Tea Party Fashion!

now as a hostess you must put your best tea dress on! i will show you my top choices for the most lovely tea party dresses!


this gorgeous eyelet sundress can be found on the Delias website. its called the Helena Eyelet Dress
.


this adorable yellow sundress is also from Delias and its called their Carlie Dress.



my third dress of choice is this gorgeous pink lace dress that i found on Alloy.



Tea Party Art!


i found this victorian illustration on Fashion Era.


this illustration is done by the lovely Blaze Danielle and its titled Tea Drinker!



this is yet another illustration by the talented, Blaze Danielle. this one is titled spring picnic!



this beautiful photograph is titled, Eggshell Girl Print. it is up for purchase on Daisies's etsy page!


this picture is one that i took while visiting Alaska this winter. i took it while looking around Bell's Nursery & Gifts.


this picture was taken while i was in Missouri, India. this was my favorite tea shop... and it has probably the cutest name ever, Tip Top Tea Shop!


well, that is all for now. i hope that you all have a wonderful time throwing your dream tea party! enjoy!

14 comments:

kloh said...

This was a nice post. I love tea and I take my grandmother to a tea room a few times a year, but once I get my first house, I will be excited to have my own little tea parties. Thanks!

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

AShley!! you're up on my weekends post and this is ONE FANTASTIC post to have people come to see your blog with - hope you get lots of visitors :-)

Rosa said...

What a fun visit! I love everything and will have one of each, please. Maybe two of little treats. Don't remember how I came about finding you, but glad I did.

Lú! said...

Hello,
I saw your blog it in all things bright and beautiful and loved, everything so beautiful!
I will always go there!
I love it as cups, I do collection of them ...
A big hug Lú
:)

Lú! said...

Hello again ...
Of course, whenever we want exchange links!
Where some want image is only catch!
Any questions send me an email ...
His blog also cited this among my favorites!
Beijinhos(Kisses in portuguese) Lú
:)

blazedanielle said...

Beautiful post friend! I love it! :) Tea and dresses make up my list of favorite things!

Nicole said...

Hi Ashley,

I happened upon your blog and realized that you used my tea cup photograph on your blog. Thanks for giving me credit. I'm looking forward to your future blogs.

nhearon2003

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ashley! Love your blog, and those gorgeous Moroccan tea glasses. My daughter is getting married this fall and we've actually been looking for those exact glasses! We couldn't, however, find them at the Jenny Sweeney Designs site that you listed (there were only paper products sold at the site we went to). Are you sure that's the site? We're desparate! Thanks.

Ashley L. said...

To Anonymous:
i'm so sorry. i can't remember if that was the site or not. i'm sorry if its the wrong site and now i don't remember! i tried to find them again and the closest i could find were from these links:

www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk

casasugar.com

www.justmorocco.com

www.vandevi.co.uk

shop.momo-interiors.com


i hope you are able to find some pretty ones in time for the wedding! send pics! i'm always a sucker for wedding decor and inspiration! let me know how your search goes! :)

best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I just wanted to thank you for answering my post about the Moroccan Tea Glasses! I feel like such a dope! I actually DID end up finding them at the Jenny Sweeney website- I just hadn't looked far enough! I certainly hope that I didn't cause you much inconvenience, especially since you went to all the trouble to try and retrace the site. Again, many thanks! Will certainly let you know how the wedding goes! And, as always, love your site! Cathy Scheffer in Salado, Texas

Juddie said...

Oh! I just found your blog and I love this post! Now it's Spring in Melbourne, I'm feeling very inspired to host a beautiful tea party....

Thank you for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

uttarbharat.com
helps you to order online to send flowers to India from USA, Gifts to India from US, Flowers to India Online, Gifts to India Delhi, Birthday gifts to Delhi, Rakhi gifts to Delhi .
URL:http://www.uttarbharat.com

Michelle said...

HI Ashley,
I just saw your blog and the pictures are beautiful! Oddly enough, I saw the picture of Tip Top Tea Shop in Missouri, and I have an internet only store called

www.tiptopteashoppe.com

I make custom tea party hats and have a ton of tea party sets and favors for Adult's and Children's tea parties.
You have a beautiful site! I hope you gets lots of posts. chawn

Mike said...

The yellow summer dress is adorable.